My previous Excel Navigation add-in fetched a few fans; I got a lot of positive feedback on LinkedIn. I designed it to help people working on enormous spreadsheets. I then realized that big workbooks usually host many sheets. I received a few requests to add worksheet selection functionality into the form. Nothing makes me happier than to help my fellow strugglers, so I worked on an extension.
So here is what you can do with this little bad-boy:
- ‘Scroll’ through all the workbooks open in the current instance of Excel, by clicking and dragging through the listbox
- ‘Scroll’ through all the visible worksheet in each workbook.
- Then you can use the ‘Nav Pad’ to scroll through the sheet’s used range
- If you press the little toggle button at the bottom, the form becomes a little bigger and reveals two more list boxes. One for all the global range names in the workbook, and another for the local names in the selected worksheet.
- Now, the ‘Nav Pad’ scrolls through the selected range name only.
I have not fully tested it yet. I expect some errors: protected workbooks, protected worksheets, non-rectangular ranges, etc. Do let me know if any errors pop up.